1. Tell me about you and your work!
I’m an English teacher and have been for 28 years. In that time I’ve been a head of department and a head of sixth form. I’m finishing at Christmas to do a PhD – a king held dream of mine.
My writing is magic realism and I found it very difficult to negotiate time when working full time. When I leave teaching I will have time to devote to it. I have to write. Stories are in my DNA.
2. What do you enjoy most about your work?
I love interacting with students and I love the intellectual challenge of working in a girls’ grammar school.
3. How have you gained an audience over time?
If you mean on Twitter – cats!
4. How do you work? Silence or music? Do you work alongside a hot drink and a handful of snacks?
Silence and cups of tea.
5. Link any of your socials and your work for others to check out!
I haven’t promoted my writing; friends have read it, two of whom are writers and their feedback is positive. I’m not good at selling myself but I’ll get on that when I’m no longer teaching. X
1. What’s your favourite season and why?
Favourite season is winter as I like the cosy fires and curling up with a book.
2. If you could have any mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
That’s easy – a phoenix
3. Would you rather have your own boat/ship or your own aeroplane?
4. What are your current favourite shows?
I’m terrible at following shows. The last one I loved was Schitt’s Creek.
5. What’s your thoughts and feelings on vampires!?
Who doesn’t love vampires?!
Thank you for taking part in this interview!